ABOUT CPF EXAM
CPF exam is for those who want serve the nation by joining the Paramilitary forces.every year it is conducted by UPSC.
UPSC CPF(AC) Selection Procedure: Central Police Forces (CPF) (Assistant Commandants) Examination conducts by Union Public Service Commission for different central forces in India namely SSB, BSF, ITBP, CISF, CRPF. The selection process details are given below.
CPF (Central Police Force) Selection Procedure consists of 3 stages.
1. Written examination
2. Physical Efficiency Tests (PET) & Medical Standards Tests
1. Written Examination: There are two papers in the UPSC CPF Written Exam.
Paper I: General Ability and Intelligence – 250 Marks
Paper I consists of Objective (Multiple Answers) Type questions and questions will be set in English as well as Hindi. There is negative mark and 1/3rd (0.33) mark will be cut for each wrong answer.
Paper II: General Studies, Essay and Comprehension – 200 Marks
In this paper candidates will be allowed the option of writing the Essay Component in English or Hindi, but the medium of Precis Writing, Comprehension Components and other communications/language skills will be in English.
2) Physical Standards/Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests: Candidates who are qualified in the written examination will be called for the Physical Standards/Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests.
Physical Efficiency Tests (PET):
(a) 100 Meters race MalesIn 16 seconds FemalesIn 18Seconds
(b) 800 Meters race In 3 minutes45 seconds In 4min45 seconds
(c) Long Jump 3.5 Meters(3 chances) 3.5 Meters(3 chances)
(d)shot-put(7.26kgs) 4.5 meters
_ At the time of physical efficiency test (PET) if the female candidate is pregnant then she will be disqualified.
3) Interview: The qualified candidates in the Medical Standards Tests, will be called for Interview. Candidates who are short-listed for Interview / Personality Test, including those short-listed for Interview / Personality Test provisionally will be issued a Detailed Application Form (DAF) in which among other things, they will be required to indicate their preference of services. As female candidates are eligible for appointment to CRPF, CISF and SSB only, they will be required to indicate their preference between these 3 services only. Interview will carry 150 Marks.
4) Final selection: On the basis of written examination and Interview, final selection list will be prepared.
EXAM PATTERN OF CPF
Written Examination PAPER-I General Ability and Intelligence (Objective Type)
PAPER-II Essay, Precis writing and comprehension (Conventional Type)
150 Marks PHYSICAL AND MEDICAL STANDARDS TEST To be conducted only of candidates who qualify the written examination.
Interview for Personality Test :200 Marks
Age limit- 20-25 years as on 1st August of the year of examination.
General (but important) instructions about written examination
Paper I will consist of Objective (multiple choice answer) Type questions only and the questions will be set in English as well as Hindi.
Paper II: Candidates will be allowed the option of writing the Essay Component in English or Hindi, but the medium of Precis Writing and Comprehension Components will be English only.
Candidates should ensure that in Paper II they write the answers only in the medium allowed by the Commission for the different Components as mentioned above.
No credit will be given for answers written in a medium other than the one allowed in the Paper.
Candidates will be required to indicate the medium of Essay Component in the Attendance Lists and on the Answer Book. Commission have discretion to fix qualifying marks in any or all the subjects of the examination.
Paper I will be evaluated first and evaluation of Paper II will be done only of those candidates who obtain the minimum qualifying marks in Paper I.
UPSC CPF (AC) Exam Syllabus: Union Public Service Commission UPSC conducts every year CPF (Central Police Force) Assistant Commandant’s Exam every year that it conducts in written test, physical tests and interview. The syllabus of UPSC CPF details given below.
Syllabus of the Written Examination Papers:-
Paper I: General Ability and Intelligence
The objective type questions with multiple choices in this paper will broadly cover The following areas:
1. General Mental Ability: The questions will be designed to test the logical reasoning, quantitative aptitude including numerical ability, and data interpretation.
2. General Science: The questions will be set to test general awareness, scientific temper,Comprehension and appreciation of scientific phenomena of everyday Observation including new areas of importance likes Information Technology, Biotechnology, Environmental Science.
3. Current Events of National and International Importance: The questions will test the candidates’ awareness of current events of national and international importance in the broad areas of culture, music, arts, literature, Sports, governance, societal and developmental issues, industry, business, Globalisation, and interplay among nations.
4. Indian Polity and Economy: The questions shall aim to test candidates’ knowledge of the Country’s political System and the Constitution of India, social systems and public administration, economic development in India, regional and international security issues and human rights including its indicators.
5. History of India: The questions will broadly cover the subject in its social, economic and political spects. This shall also include the areas of growth of nationalism and freedom movement.
6. Indian and World Geography: The questions shall cover the physical, social and economic aspects of Geography pertaining to India and the World.
Paper II: General Studies, Essay and Comprehension
Part-A – Essay questions which are to be answered in long narrative form either In Hindi or English totaling 80 Marks. The indicative topics are modern Indian history especially of the freedom struggle, geography, polity and economy, Knowledge of security and human rights issues, and analytical ability.
Part-B – Comprehension, précis writing, other communications/language skills – to be attempted in English only (Marks 120) – The topics are Comprehension Passages, précis writing, developing counter arguments, simple grammar and Other aspects of language testing.
Best coaching for CPF(AC’S) EXAM in Dehradun,Uttarakhand
Best BOOKS FOR CPF EXAM
Indian Polity…M Lakshmikant
Modern History……Spectrum publication/12th NCERT(OLD0
Geography…….Mukesh barnwal/Pariksha Vani/11th& 12th NCERT
Economy…..Ramesh singh/SN LAL/Pariksha vani
Writing practice for ESSAY,PRECIS,COMPREHENSION is crux to qualify second paper.Donot ignore it ,otherwise UPSC will definitely ignore your roll no in result
Previous year question paper